Park Patron Information: Picnic Businesses in State Parks
Are you interested in having a custom picnic delivered and set up for you at a Rhode Island State Park? Select one of the Approved Picnic Companies below. Please note: Fort Adams State Park does not host this type of activity due to the significant number of events taking place at this park throughout the year.
If your picnic involves a site rental, please contact the park you wish to visit to reserve and pay for any site rentals. You can find contact information for all RI State Parks at RIParks.com.
Approved Picnic Companies
Gather & Graze Picnics, LLC
Email or Call 774-274-4368
Newport Picnic Company
Email or call 508-904-7226
Ocean State Picnics
Email or call 401-855-3988
Email or call 401-148-7231
Sunset Picnics, RI, LLC
Email or call 401-481-0843
Sweet Rose Picnics
Email or call 351-277-9050
Website Instagram: @sweetrosepicnics
How to Register Your Picnic Company
Approved Picnic Companies may deliver and set up picnics for up to 15 people in general use areas at select state parks. You are responsible for set up, breakdown and clean up immediately after the event. The annual permit costs $100.
Please note: Fort Adams State Park does not host this type of activity due to the significant number of events taking place at this park throughout the year.
Here's how to apply for a permit:
1. Create your Community Profile with login and password. Once you're logged in, you can proceed. Every time you use the site, start by logging in.
2. Go the Picnic Companies Membership page and click "Enroll." Complete the profile form. You will be asked to upload a Certificate of Insurance. Please have this ready to upload before you begin.
- The Certificate of Insurance must indicate "The State of Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management is named as additionally insured on a primary and non-contributory basis and subrogation is waived for the additional insured."
- The Certificate Holder is The State of Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, 235 Promenade St., Providence, RI 02908.
- Share this Low-Risk Certificate of Insurance with your insurance agent so they can prepare it accurately. It shows all the required coverage and the language required.
Call 401-667-6200 or email RI Parks.