Great local food provided by Rhode Island food trucks will be available at select locations beginning April 2021. For the most up-to-date dates and locations, go to the RI Parks Events Page or the Community Calendar.
RI State Parks have a carry in-carry out policy, which means there are no trash cans for general use. Food trucks will provide a trash receptacle for the exclusive use of their customers. If you take your food to another location in the park, please help us keep our parks clean and take your trash home with you. Thank you!
To help you find the food truck in your favorite park, we've provided links to locations below. Remember to check the Community Calendar for dates and times when trucks will be on site.
- Brenton Point State Park, Newport, RI (food truck location)
- Burlingame State Campground, Charlestown, RI (food truck locations) -- for registered campers only
- Colt State Park, Bristol, RI (food truck location)
- Fisherman's Memorial State Campground, Narragansett, RI (food truck location) - for registered campers only
- Goddard Memorial State Park, Warwick, RI (food truck location)
- Goddard Golf Course, Warwick RI (food truck location)
- Pulaski State Park, Chepachet, RI (food truck location)
- Rocky Point State Park, Warwick, RI (food truck location and GPS)
Approved Food Trucks for State Park Program
The following food trucks have been approved to participate in the State Park Food Truck Program. This program enables food trucks to rent daily spaces in a variety of state parks. Follow these trucks on social media or contact them directly to find out when and where you can find them. You can also follow Rhode Island State Parks Facebook and Twitter for regular updates. If you are a food truck interested in joining the program, see article below for instructions.
A Mano Pizza & Gelato
Email or call 401-256-1836
Facebook Instagram or Twitter: @a_mano_pizza
Atomic Blonde Ice Cream
Email or call 401-263-1960
Facebook Instagram: @atomicblondeicecream
Black Dog Donuts
Email or call 401-206-6707
Butterhead Sandwich Company
Email or call 401-855-4986
Email or call 401-835-0337
Email or call 401-835-0337
Kona Ice of Warwick/East Greenwich
Email or call 401-323-1977
Email or call 914-943-6517
Facebook Twitter or Instagram: @bowledflavor
La Costa Lobster and Tacos
Email or call 401-578-2917
Facebook Twitter or Instagram: @lacostanpt
Email or call 401-206-2362
Sunnyside on the Street
Email or call 401-309-2746
Facebook Twitter: @SunnySideRI Instagram: @Sunnysidefoodtruck
Sunset Beach Oysters
Email or call 401-374-5301
Food Trucks for Private Events in State Parks
Park patrons who wish to hire a food truck for a special event must select a food truck from this list or ask their desired food truck to register as an approved food truck.
Here's what you need to know:
- The organizer of any event requesting a food truck should first contact the park management at the Rhode Island State Park where they are hoping to host the event. You can find a list of parks and their phone numbers at riparks.com. Any proposed event must stay within social gathering limits and abide by any other restrictions associated with the COVID-19 public health emergency, and approval of your event is at the discretion of park management.
- Park patrons who wish to hire a food truck for a private gathering must select a food truck from the list of Approved Food Trucks for RI State Parks or ask their desired food truck to register as an Approved Food Truck.
- Food trucks serving private events may not park in the spaces designated for the State Park Food Truck Program. The park management will instruct you where the food truck may park for private events.
- There is no charge for food trucks to serve at a private event, but they are not permitted to serve the general public and must be paid directly by the host of the event.
- If food trucks have any questions about how to become an Approved Food Truck in the State Park Program, email Cindy Elder or call 401-465-9605.
Food Truck Registration
How to Register My Food Truck
It's easy to register your food truck with Rhode Island State Park's Food Truck Program. Here's how to get started:
1. Create your Community Profile with login and password. Once you're logged in, you can proceed. Every time you use the site, start by logging in.
2. Go to the registration page and complete the Food Truck Profile form. Be prepared to upload your current Rhode Island Mobile Food Establishment (MFE) license, issued by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations. You will also need to upload a Certificate of Insurance (COI), naming "the State of Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management as additionally insured on a primary and non-contributory basis and subrogation is waived for the additional insured." Here's an example to show your insurance company.
3. You'll receive an email from RI State Parks when your registration has been approved, providing details on how you can begin booking spaces at designated food truck spots in state parks throughout Rhode Island. If you have any questions, please email Cindy Elder.