Food Truck Information

Food Trucks at Rhode Island State Parks

Food Truck Companies interested in serving private events within RI State Parks must become an approved vendor.

Approved food trucks remain on our list of approved vendors from the first to the last day of the year (1/1/2024-12/31/2024), as long as the Certificate of Insurance (COI) and RI Mobile Food Establishment Registration (MFE) that we have on file for your business remains up to date. 
Submission of an application does not guarantee that you will be permitted.  Approval of events and services is at the discretion of Park Management. 
Food trucks serving private events may not set-up in rental sites or fields that have not been approved by Park Management.  Park Management will instruct trucks where they are permitted to park for private events.  
Food trucks serving private events are not permitted to serve the general public.
Food trucks should contact the park once their services have been requested, to confirm the location that has been reserved is an approved food truck site. 
Food trucks must provide a trash receptacle for the exclusive use of their customers.  If customers take food to another location in the park, we ask that they be reminded to please help keep our parks clean and take their trash home with them.  
RI State Parks has a carry in-carry out policy, which means there are no trash cans for general use. 
Alcohol and cannabis-based products are prohibited on RI State Park properties, with the exception of specific locations, and through a license agreement, approved by the Rhode Island State Properties Committee.
Park patrons who wish to hire a food truck for a special event must select a food truck from our list of approved vendors.  
Click here for a map of the locations that food trucks/bounce houses are approved to serve private events at Colt State Park.    
For a list of approved Food Truck Vendors, go to the RI Parks Events & Rentals-Special Use Policy & Permits Page
How To Become An Approved Food Truck Vendor
1. Create your Community Profile with login and password. Once you're logged in, you can proceed.  Every time you use the site, start by logging in. 
2. Go to the Food Truck Community Membership Page and click on "Enroll".  Complete the profile form. 
3. Submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) that meets the Departments requirements and an active RI Mobile Food Establishment Registration (MFE), issued by the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations to Erin Rogers at 
4. Once your COI and MFE are approved your business information will be listed on our website as an Approved Food Truck Vendor. 

Certificate of Insurance Requirements:  
  • Your COI must indicate that the State of Rhode Island, Department of Environmental Management is "additionally insured on a primary and non-contributory basis".
  • Your COI must indicate a "waiver of subrogation".
  • The Certificate Holder on your COI must be the "State of Rhode Island, Department of Environmental Management, 235 Promenade Street, Providence, RI 02908"
If you have any questions, contact RI State Parks at 401-667-6200, or email