Special Use Permits
- Art displays or exhibits
- Athletic events, competitions, races or regattas
- Clean ups (shoreline or other property type)
- Company picnics for more than 50 people
- Conferences or training events
- Daycare or summer camp visits
- Drone use (approval is restricted to commercial use - no private use permitted)
- Exercises classes (commercial)
- Film, video or photography shoots (small scale, large scale, non-commercial and student-based)
- Fireworks displays
- Fundraising events (Walkathons, races, small festivals, family fun days, etc.)
- Equestrian competitions, shows or gatherings
- Motorcycle charity runs or stopovers
- Outreach or education displays or tents
- Press conferences
- Private parties for more than 50 people (not contained to a specific site rental such as a pavilion or field)
- Radio station broadcasts
- Religious ceremonies
- School field days, picnics or field trips
- Scientific research or surveys
- Volunteer maintenance projects (scouts, schools, groups or organizations)
Some Special Use/Large Group events may require a license approved by the Rhode Island State Properties Committee (RISPC). This process can take up to 90 days, so please plan accordingly. See http://www.statepropertiescommittee.ri.gov/ for more information.
You will need a License Agreement if your event involves:
- Commercial Use: If a person, group or organization is making or attempting to make a profit or offers for sale any service or product or charges a fee on DEM property.
- Alcohol: Any event or activity that proposes the consumption, possession, distribution, selling or drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- High Risk: Events such as fireworks/pyrotechnics; concerts/festivals with staging, special equipment, or carnival rides; large scale races, regattas, or competitions; any use that requires construction of structures and/or equipment to move or install any feature.
- High Impact: The event or activity that exceeds normal use of the facility and/or interrupts the normal public use of the park due to scope or size of the event; large number of attendees; large-scale promotion (media and social); events of regional, national or global scale.