Park Patron Instructions: Recreation Vendors in State Parks
Patrons who wish to rent recreational equipment or services, such as bounce houses, obstacle courses, pony rides or petting zoos, for use on a Rhode Island State Park property, must first obtain permission from the regional manager of the specific park. For a list of parks with contact information, visit the RI Parks website.
Bounce houses and other recreational equipment are permitted, with advance approval, only in specific locations in these RI State Parks:
- Colt State Park, Bristol (Approved Bounce House sites)
- Fort Adams State Park, Newport
- Goddard Memorial State Park, Warwick
- Lincoln Woods State Park, Lincoln
Pony rides and petting zoos are permitted only in certain locations with advance approval. You must contact the park manager before making arrangements to ensure the location is suitable. Pony rides are not allowed at Colt State Park. If you wish to arrange pony rides at Lincoln Woods State Park, please contact the on-site concessionaire, Sunset Stables.
Patrons must select an Approved Recreation Company from the list below. If the company you wish to use is not on this list, have the company call 401-667-6200 or email RI Parks for information on becoming an Approved Recreational Equipment Company.
Approved Recreation Companies
Bounce Houses and Party Equipment
Absolute Fun Party Rentals
1710 Phenix Ave, Cranston, RI 02921
All-Star Bouncy Castles
Email or call 401-332-4608
9 Dodge St., North Providence, RI 02904
Email or call 401-580-3805
Frank's Rentals, Inc.
2071 Plainfield Pike, Johnston, RI 02919
Jumpin Jupiter Inflatables
Email or call 401-954-9510
Kidz Celebration Inflatables
Email or call 401-230-4536
My Son's Inflatables
1270 Mineral Spring Ave., North Providence, RI 02904
64 Peckham St., Pawtucket, RI 02861
Sky High Inflatables
10 Pilgrim Ave., Rumford, RI 02916
333 Market St., Warren, RI 02885
Ponies to Go
516 Third Beach Rd., Middletown, RI 02871
Email or call 401-683-9437
Information for Recreation Companies
Register to Become an Approved Recreation Company
Companies wishing to provide recreational equipment or services to customers holding events at a Rhode Island State Parks must first be pre-approved by the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management's Division of Parks and Recreation. This includes companies that rent bounce houses, obstacle courses, pony rides, petting zoos or other recreational products and services. There is an annual charge of $100 for the permit.
Note for Bounce House Companies: Only standard bounce house/inflatables and recreational equipment are permitted. Water-based inflatables, dunk tanks and ziplines are prohibited. Any items that fall outside of standard recreational equipment must be approved in advance by the Division of Parks and Recreation.
Here's how to register your Recreational Equipment Company:
1. Create your Community Profile with login and password. Once you're logged in, you can proceed. Every time you use the site, start by logging in.
2. Go to the Business Permit tab and click on Membership. Select Recreational Equipment and click Enroll. Complete the profile form. You will be asked to upload a certificate of insurance. Please have this ready to upload before you begin.
- The Certificate of Insurance must indicate "The State of Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management is named as additionally insured on a primary and non-contributory basis and subrogation is waived for the additional insured."
- Minimum limits of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for any one (1) person in one (1) occurrence and two million dollars ($2,000,000) in aggregate for all persons in any one (1) occurrence. Also, one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) is required for property damage unless specified.
- The Certificate Holder is The State of Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, 235 Promenade St., Providence, RI 02908.
- Show this sample certificate of insurance to your insurance agent.
4. When a customer reserves recreational equipment or services with you for use at a state park, make sure the patron has secured permission from the park manager for the specific equipment or service you are providing.
Call 401-667-6200 or email RI Parks.